Fusion Vision Tonic combines six antioxidants (including lutein, zeaxanthin and zinc). Also contains goji berry and chrysanthemum, which are used to support healthy vision and eye function in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
Features and benefits:
- Contains antioxidant nutrients to help maintain healthy vision, eye function and the health of the macula and retina by reducing free radical formation in the body
- Contains goji berries and chrysanthemum for additional support of healthy eyes and vision (based on use in TCM)
- Chrysanthemum is also traditionally used to relieve dryness, redness and discomfort of the eyes in TCM
- Aids night vision by helping the eyes adapt to variations in light intensity (when dietary zinc intake is inadequate)
How it works
Fusion Vision Tonic combines key antioxidant nutrients to help fight free radical formation – including zinc, vitamin C, copper, selenium, lutein and zeaxanthin. It also includes herbs traditionally used to support vision and eye health in TCM, as detailed below.
Antioxidant support for the eyes, macula and retina
The macula, retina and other tissues in the eyes are susceptible to free radical damage.
Fusion Vision Tonic contains the antioxidant nutrients zinc, vitamin C and copper to help maintain eye health by reducing free radical formation in the body, which in turn helps support the health of:
- The retina, a thin layer of tissue at the back of the eye that senses light, converts it into images and sends them to the brain to be interpreted
- The macula, which is the central region of the retina, and is involved in aspects of vision that occur in the centre of the visual field, especially those that require visual sharpness and focus (as occurs when driving, reading or recognising people’s faces)
Also present are the antioxidant carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin (derived from marigold flowers), which support healthy eyesight.
Zinc aids light adaptation and night vision
When dietary levels of zinc are inadequate, zinc can help the eyes adapt to variations in light intensity (such as moving from a dark room into bright sunlight) and aids night vision.
Herbs to support vision and relieve dryness and discomfort
In TCM, healthy eye function is regarded as being governed by the Liver organ-meridian system, with additional nourishment from types of Kidney energy called Jing and Kidney Yin.
Goji berries have long history of use for maintaining healthy eyes and vision in TCM, where they’re traditionally considered to work by strengthening Jing and nourishing Liver Blood (also known as Liver Yin) and Kidney Yin.
Chrysanthemum flowers are used similarly in TCM to support vision and eye health, and are also traditionally taken to relieve uncomfortable, red and dry eyes.
Directions for use
1 tablet once or twice daily with food.
Cautions: Not suitable for children. If symptoms persist consult a healthcare professional. WARNING: Contains zinc, which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long period, and selenium, which is toxic in high doses; adults should not take more than 150mcg of selenium from dietary supplements per day.
Each tablet contains extracts equivalent to dry:
|Lycium barbarum (Goji Berry) fruit||2.5g|
|Chrysanthemum sinense (Chrysanthemun) flower||2.25g|
|Tagetes erecta (Mexican marigold) flower||1g|
|standardised to lutein esters, calc. as lutein||5mg|
|Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C)||125mg|
|Zinc (Zinc glycinate)||68.7mg|
|equiv. to zinc||20mg|
|Copper (as cupric oxide)||626mcg|
|equiv. to copper||500mcg|
|equiv. to selenium||