Alpha Venus was made for women and just to prove that, we put a pretty pink stripe on the bottle. Every woman knows that we have it harder than men – we put up with a lot, men for example and other issues like monthly hormonal fluctuations. We can’t help you with the men, but we can help you feel and look better and improve those hormonal fluctuations that drive weight gain in the form of fluid and fat. This may be “normal”, but not exactly ideal is it? Alpha Venus is creating a “new normal” which is why women love Alpha Venus. So why not feel and look the best you can? You deserve it.
Alpha Venus is formulated for women that have an excess of oestrogen in their body and a lack of progesterone.
Estrogen is an essential hormone for health and wellness in both men and women; but you can get too much of a good thing.
Signs and symptoms of excess Estrogen
Estrogen body shape
Estrogen holds subcutaneous fat and fluid in these areas
- breasts and chest
- backs of the arms
- love handles
- lower back
- lower abdomen
- poor muscle mass and quality
- poor muscle definition
- excessive subcutaneous and intramuscular fat
The following are a list of symptoms of Estrogen dominance
- Increased worry, intuition and gut instincts
- Exaggerated stress response and harder to switch off so can dwell on things
- Good long term memory with poor short term memory
- Running on ‘autopilot’ most of the time
- Can crave sugar and chocolate
- Mood swings are aggravated and follow pattern with menstrual cycle or moon
- Can trigger headaches and migraines
- Poor circulation, sometimes bruising and varicose veins
- Bloated and “fluidy” abdomen, hips and thighs.
- Fluid retention
- Breast lumps and bumps
- Ban increased risk of blood clots, DVTs, bruising and cramps
- Poor blood sugar control – high or low blood sugar, leading to sweet cravings
- Cellulite and obesity
- Emotional, nervous and sleep disturbances
- Conditions such as endometriosis or endomyositis
- Excessive period pain
- PMT with excessive emotional and mood fluctuations
- Heavy periods
- UTIs and Thrush
There are numerous causes of Estrogen dominance. Here are some of the causes of Estrogen dominance
- Inefficient Estrogen detoxification and elimination
- Excessive endogenous Estrogen production due to
- Excessive fat mass
- Increased aromatase activity converting testosterone to Estrogen
- Other hormonal imbalances i.e. hypothyroidism and hypercortisolaemia
- Excessive exogenous Estrogen exposure and accumulation from
- Cosmetics and sunscreens
- Family history of Estrogen dominance
- Inherited genetic MTHFR gene polymorphisms
- HRT and certain oral contraceptive pills
- “XenEstrogens” and EDC’s (endocrine disrupting chemicals)
- Iodine deficiency and / or hypothyroidism
Detoxify Estrogen excess
It is important to understand that it is essential for health and wellness to allow the body to make and use endogenous Estrogen (endogenous Estrogen is the term used for Estrogen made by our body) for healthy bodily functions and general maintenance. However, after Estrogen has done its job, it must be cleared efficiently so as to not accumulate. Any xenEstrogens (Estrogen and EDC’s endocrine disrupting chemicals from outside our body i.e. pollutants, plastics etc.) and exogenous Estrogens (Estrogen supplemented from outside our body i.e. HRT, bio-identical hormones) must also be effectively eliminated to prevent accumulation.
The elimination pathways can determine the fate of this Estrogen and whether it can be converted to a beneficial form of Estrogen that protects women from Estrogen dominant disease states; or if it is converted to a more toxic form of Estrogen that accumulates and contributes to the negative health implications of Estrogen dominance.
Detoxification and elimination is a very complex process. Our detoxification and elimination systems of our body is designed for general clean up and maintenance of our body but also is a very important part of our innate survival mechanism and must quickly respond to poisons, venoms and toxins.
Phase 1 and Phase 2 Liver Detoxification – The basics
Phase 1: detoxification involves a group of enzymes known as Cytochrome P450’s (CYP450) that help to convert toxins into a water-soluble form so it is capable of being eliminated. This is an innate process we are born with to help us deal with poisons, venoms and toxic exposure.
Phase 2: detoxification involves conjugation reactions, which basically deactivate the water-soluble toxin so it is no longer biologically active and it cannot be reabsorbed and accumulate in your body and is then eliminated.
If phase 1 detoxification pathways are out of balance than your body can be converting toxins, hormones, medicines, drugs and foods into a more toxic form that is not capable of being deactivated by the phase 2 conjugation reactions. This can lead to accumulation of toxic waste.
Specific manipulation of detoxification pathways to clear Estrogen are via the Phase 1 pathways. In layman’s terms, there are three pathways for Estrogen detoxification. They are termed the ‘Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ Phase 1 pathways for Estrogen detox.